Goals of Medical Student Honors in Research Program
- Obtain Citi Human Subjects Research Training Certification;
- Learn how to construct and submit an Institutional Review Board proposal;
- Learn database construction, data entry, electronic medical chart review, and data analysis;
- Construct an abstract outlining research results and conclusions;
- Present a poster at the UAMS Medical Student Research Day and possibly at another national surgical meeting; and
- Construct and submit a manuscript for peer reviewed publication.