- Mentor for Honors in Research Scholarship Program, 2010 – Patrick Owens, medical student, “Predictors of stage and survival in pancreatic cancer: a population-based analysis from the Arkansas cancer registry.”
- Mentor for Honors in Research Scholarship Program, 2010 – John Garrett, medical student, “Predictors of Surgery and Survival in Palliative Surgical Evaluation.”
- “Patient Reasoning for Palliative Surgery” — Lindsey Collins, medical student, 2011.
- Mentor for Honors in Research Scholarship Program, 2012 – Jordan Stanley, medical student, “Geriatric Indicators of Frailty in Surgical Oncology”
- Mentor for Honors in Research Scholarship Program, 2009 – Jared Garrett, medical student, “The surgical management of abdominal pain in the multiple myeloma patients”. The purpose of this study was to characterize the presentation, treatment strategies, and outcomes for patients with multiple myeloma and abdominal pain. Presented at the American College of Surgeons 96th Annual Clinical Congress, October 2010, Washington DC. Published in The American Journal of Surgery. 2011 Jul 23.
- “Intraoperative Sentinel Lymph Node Analysis in Melanoma”, 2009 – Charles Pierce, 2nd year surgical resident. The purpose of this retrospective cohort study was to evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of touch preparation cytology and frozen section histology in the intraoperative staging of melanoma. Presented at the Society of Surgical Oncology 63rd Annual Cancer Symposium, March 2010, St. Louis, MO. Published in Journal of Surgical Oncology. 2011 Jan 1;103(1):1-5.
- “What is the risk of malignancy in obstructive jaundice?” – The purpose of this study is to identify the differential diagnosis, workup, and treatment of patients with obstructive jaundice.