- The vascular resident is not required to take “in-house” calls.
- The vascular resident is guaranteed a minimum of one day in seven free from all educational and clinical responsibilities throughout the residency.
- The vascular resident’s duty hours will be limited to 80 hours per week and will be monitored by the program director.
- The vascular resident is required to terminate clinical duties at 80 hours each week unless the resident is involved in an immediate life-or-limb threatening situation requiring the resident’s participation. Furthermore, the Vascular Surgery Resident is required to notify the Program Director if duty approaches 80 hours so that appropriate coverage can be arranged. The program director will limit the resident’s duty hours to achieve an 80-hour maximum if the resident exceeds this number.
- The vascular resident is required to notify the vascular surgery attending and terminate all clinical duties if the vascular resident is excessively fatiqued and believes that fitigue will compromise clinical performance.